Window shutters have been popular in many parts of the world, particularly hot climates – think of all the beautiful shutters on traditional Greek homes. However, shutters have become a popular décor trend, with new and innovative designs and applications being used. Whilst wooden shutters are still used, new generation shutters made from polyresin are an attractive option as they are fairly quick and easy to install.
Essentially polyresin shutters are made from a hollow plastic or PVC. The shutter components are formed through an extrusion process using moulds. The components are cut and snapped together to make a shutter. Their hollow structure makes them light yet still durable.
Advantages of New Generation Shutters
There are several advantages for using shutters as a window covering:
- Protection: Interior shutters protect against sun and heat in summer and wind and cold in winter. In fact, shutters are quite an energy efficient window treatment. Keeping the panels and louvres closed during the coldest or hottest times of the day helps maintain cool or warmth inside. The air pocket formed between the window and closed shutters makes a great insulator.
- Privacy: Shutters allow you to easily choose between privacy and visibility. When closed, you can still adjust the rod to allow light to enter.
- Easy customisation:Shutters can be made in any size. Depending on the type of window or application, shutters can be installed inside or outside the window opening.
- Light control: Window shutters with louvres can be adjusted to allow varying amounts of sunlight to enter between the slats.
- Neat & attractive appearance. Shutters can open neatly to expose the entire width of the window and close to display the details of the shutter.
Mary Interior Decorators supplies and installs the Blindquip range of polyresin shutters. These shutters are:
- UV protected. Guaranteed not to yellow or fade.
- Waterproof and suitable for humid area.
- Washable with mild soap and water.
- Fire retardant.
Mary Interior Decorators has extensive experience with bespoke furnishings, upholstery and curtaining. With 45 years in the business, we are confident that we can offer you the best quality products and services.
Contact us by calling 011 268 0329 or emailing us on email@example.com.